Tortellini with Fresh Tomato Herb Sauce
Cold lunches no more! A simple fresh tomato sauce with fresh herbs lets our silky cheese tortellini shine, warming up your little ones with a hearty and healthly lunch guaranteed to power them through their afternoon.
TIP: Prep this easy recipe the night before and simply reheat and pack in a thermos for a warm and delicious lunch with a leftover free guarantee.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
Per serving: 370 calories, fat 22 g, sodium 620 mg, carbohydrate 39 g, fibre 8 g, protein 7 g
- 1 pkg (255 g) PC® Cherry Tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) PC® New World EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tbsp (25 mL) each chopped fresh basil, chives, and parsley
- 1 pkg PC® Gluten-Free 4 Cheese Tortellini
- Stir together tomatoes, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Let stand 15 minutes. Stir in herbs.
- Bring 12 cups (3 L) water to a rapid boil. Add past. Stir occasionally until water returns to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 4 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain; toss with tomato mixture. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Layered Salad to Go
Cheer up your lunch time routine with this colourful and nutritious salad. Make on Sunday night and chill for three ready-to-go lunches.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
Per serving: 400 calories, fat 17 g, sodium 500 mg, carbohydrate 29 g, fibre 6 g, protein 35 g
- 1 can (341 mL) PC® Blue Menu™ Peaches & Cream Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) PC® Broccoli Slaw
- 2 cans (213 g) PC® Blue Menu™ Wild Pacific Sockeye Salmon, drained
- 1 pkg (238 g) PC® Organics™ Grape Tomatoes
- ¼ cup (50 mL) PC® Blue Menu™ Vinaigrette – Fat Free Italian Dressing
- Into three 750 mL containers with lids, layer corn, carrots, green onions, broccoli slaw, salmon and tomatoes, dividing ingredients evenly among containers. Drizzle dressing over the top. Cover. Chill until ready to pack into lunch back.
- Pack salad in cooler bag with a cold source. When ready to eat, give container a shake to fully dress salad.
Tuscan Tuna Sandwich
Sundried tomatoes, lemon and basil give this tuna salad its Italian flair. Our new quinoa flax bread provides a good amount of fibre.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
Per serving: 490 calories, fat 30 g, sodium 1050 mg, carbohydrate 395g, fibre 7 g, protein 23 g
- 1 can (170 g) PC® Sustainably Sourced Wild Albacore Flaked White Tuna in Water, drained
- Quarter red onion, minced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) drained and thinly sliced PC® Splendido Sun-Dried Tomatoes in Seasoned Oil
- ¼ cup (50 mL) PC® Mayonnaise made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices PC® Multigrain Quinoa Flax Bread
- 8 thin slices cucumber
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn
- In bowl, mix tuna, onion, sun-dried tomatoes, mayonnaise, Dijon, lemon rind, lemon juice and pepper until combined.
- Lightly toast bread slices and place on work surface. Divide tuna mixture evenly over two of the bread slices. Cut each sandwich in half on a diagonal to pack into container.