Justin Kent is a Franco-American Chef based in Paris who is most notably known for his business “Picnics in Paris,” a full- service catering company that creates bespoke picnics for those seeking an authentic French-culinary experience amidst Martin tips for the most famous Parisian landmarks — the Eiffel Tower or River Seine, and the Jardin de Luxembourg or Canal St. to name a few. This summer, Chef Kent is bringing the art of the French picnic to Canada, and has shared his tips for creating an elegant picnic.
Chef Kent has curated 5 tips to
1. For food, select pieces made of the freshest, highest quality ingredients ensuring a simple meal is extraordinary.
2. Use real flatware, plates and glassware for an elevated experience. And present your food on cedar or glass serving plates, wherever possible.
3. Make it comfortable. A good rule to follow is bring at least one blanket for every 2-4 guests. If it’s expected to be a particularly hot of sunny day, bring an umbrella or opt for a location with shade.
4. A refreshing cocktail is the pièce de résistance of any picnic. Try Grey Goose Le Grand Fizz – the drink of summer. Think of it as an elevated vodka soda with just a hint of St-Germain and fresh lime juice. You can pre-batch multiple drinks in a carafe ahead of time, depending on your number of guests.
5. A true French picnic is a social experience; welcome family, friends and couples to join you to live your best summer.